Its continuously curved, super-wide blade is both sharp and strong, designed to put in great work in even the most demanding conditions. 5.0 out of 5 stars based on 5 product ratings. I'm going to put something on either side of the handle, to fill in the indents, then wrap it with black tennis wrap grip tape, and it should give the handle and grip a very comfortable, and grippy feel and look. The generous belt loop has velcro and a press stud for added safety. For the $34 I got this on Amazon for, it's a complete steal. Survival Knife Video and Review: Cold Steel Master Hunter. The fit, finish, design, and materials are staggering at this price. 5.0. Amazingly Solid & Erogonimic Knife for Bushcraft-Survival-Camp-fun Use! I refinished it with cold … It's a good knife for an amazing price. I went to stomp mud off my boots before getting in my car this morning and the knife came completely out of the sheathe and luckily lodged in my pants leg in a manner that only scratched me. Cold Steel Code 4 Clip Point 58PC 100% Original Learn More. When you combine design, materials, and value, the Finn Bear is a big win for Cold Steel. Cold Steel Drop Forged Knife Series Simple yet astonishingly functional, Cold Steel has teamed up with French knifemaker Michel Achez to bring a version of his classic hunter and other designs to a larger audience. I have been eyeing this for a while, and watched some YouTube video reviews on it, so I finally pulled the trigger and got one. Asmens 52100 Carbon It's a good knife for an amazing price. Unfortunately, I haven't had any opportunities to use the knife on more lifelike materials. General score. I only found 2 sellers online & prices ranged from $70 - $72 Note that this model is actually medium-grey in color, not black or dark-bronze, & for some reason is much lighter in real life than any of the pictures (including mine) convey. The Cold Steel Drop Forged Wasp is one of those things. I REALLY liked this knife but the sheathe is outright dangerous. It's continuously curved, super-wide blade is both sharp and strong, designed to put in great work in … The only small issue is the lack of a drain hole in the sheath. If you're even considering this knife, do it...get it. Perfect size for E.D.C. Click here to read the review. 5 product ratings. It features a continuously curved, super-wide blade that is both sharp and strong. I suppose putting in an inch or two of braided 550 paracord would make up for the short handle and improve grip strength. I would highly recommend the Cold Steel Drop Forged Boot Knife to anyone looking to spend as little money as possible for a high quality blade. The Drop Forged Hunter has a 4 inch drop point blade that is 5mm thick; an ergonomic handle with trough for secure grip, and a lanyard hole. 5 users rated this 5 out of 5 stars 5. Finally, there’s the Urban Edge. Reviewed in the United States on May 20, 2018. Cold Steel sells this knife on their website for almost twice ad much as I paid here. An hour ago, I was carrying something heavy and stumbled over the curb. It is tough, easy to sharpen and retains its sharpness well. What For a short blade, 52100 is the ultimate metal and it will out-do anything else and you can literally beat the heck out of this knife and maybe the finish will show the wear but the edge still be there for you. New for 2020! I handle a lot of knives. Reviewed in the United States on January 16, 2019. $39.29. Another great, inexpensive knife from Cold Steel. Reviewed in the United States on June 7, 2018. See more ideas about Cold steel, Steel, Cold. This knife should outlast me. 1 review(s) Latest reviews Latest review Jeroen, Heesch. The knife is equipped with everything the outdoor/hunting enthusiast is looking for: a drop-point blade with flat grinding, a decent blade length and a full 5 mm / 0,5-inch thickness. The Drop Forged Hunter is expertly heat treated and drop forged from 52100 High Carbon Steel with a Rockwell Hardness of 58-59 for superior toughness. Quick view. Inspired by a solid steel hunting knife by French knife-maker Michel Achez, Cold Steel's Drop Forged Hunter is a no-nonsense hard working outdoor / hunting knife and tool. And worked great for kitchen work and batoning wood. I bought the smallest knife in this series, just to test the waters, before buying one of its big brothers. One piece gray Teflon coated 52100 high carbon construction. Reviewed in the United States on July 3, 2019. Reviewed in the United States on June 7, 2018. Cold Steel Drop Forged Bowie in Hunting Knives. 6 results 5 users rated this 5 out of 5 stars 5. Tags: cold steel; ... A lot of knife for the money. FREE SHIPPING on Over 250,000 Products. Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. The knife came out of the sheathe and SLICED my leg open. I dropped the subject. The sheath is also excellent, and while the sheath may not be Kydex, it's still a very high quality rigid polymer, easy to clean. cold steel drop forged boot knife review. The sheath is nice enough, and holds the knife very securely.
This drop-forged Hunter is something I'll take to the field and abuse it. Cold Steel Drop Forged Se... has been added to your Cart Share. cold steel drop forged boot knife review. There's a problem loading this menu right now. SMKW Custom Shop makes ZT 0460TI sexier than ever, Introducing the Rough Ryder Highland Pocket Cleaver. Inspired by a solid steel hunting knife by French knife-maker Michel Achez, the Cold Steel Drop Forged Hunter is a no-nonsense, hard-working outdoor/hunting knife and tool. from Knifecenter.com - The Original and Largest Online Catalog of Cutlery Price vs. quality. That means it’s nearly indestructible. I use this as an EDC knife and give it a good stropping or steeling at the end of the day to maintain the edge and it has served me well. I like this fixed blade knife better than my Ka-Bar Fighting Tanto, with 8" 1095 Cro-Van steel blade. Back. Terrible edge. I would highly recommend the Cold Steel Drop Forged Boot Knife to anyone looking to spend as little money as possible for a high quality blade. Cold Steel's Drop Forged Hunter was inspired by a solid steel hunting knife by French knife-maker Michel Achez to be a no-nonsense hard working outdoor / hunting knife and tool. Cold Steel's Drop Forged Hunter Black is expertly heat treated and drop forged from 52100 High Carbon steel with a Rockwell Hardness of 58-59 for superior toughness. item 2 COLD STEEL Drop Forged Hunter FIXED 52100 High Carbon STEEL 4 5/8" Long 36MG 2 - COLD STEEL Drop Forged Hunter FIXED 52100 High Carbon STEEL 4 5/8" Long 36MG. Sep 4, 2020 - Explore Atlanta Cutlery Corp's board "Cold Steel", followed by 11368 people on Pinterest. Cold Steel Drop Forged Hunter is a no-nonsense hard working outdoor / hunting knife and tool. The reason is because I am not much of a hunter. ... See all reviews Write a review ... July 30, 2016. I like the simple design, but drop forging does not impress me. The double edged 5" blade is made of a relatively uncommon high carbon steel that should allow for long edge life and effective sharpening. Is there a trick to this? Check out all reviews Check out all reviews. The Cold Steel brand also popularised the tanto style blade turning it from "curiously interesting" to a worldwide must-have for all knife makers. Cold Steel Drop Forged Hunter Md: 36MAWith its handsome and weatherproof black powder-coat and modern Secure-Ex sheath, the Drop Forged Hunter brings all the best features of a time-honored hunter’s knife, but in a thoroughly modern package! This knife epitomizes the way I feel about this brand. Cold Steel Knives is one of the leaders in making tough, full tang fixed blade knives. Cold Steel. It features a continuously curved, super-wide blade that is both sharp and strong. Boy am I glad I did. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Cold Steel 1108084 Drop Forged Hunter Knife, Black at Amazon.com. We have tried to make our FGX Wasp dagger look and feel as close as humanly possible to our Drop Forged Wasp. Decent knife, poor fit and finish. With its handsome and weatherproof black powder-coat and modern Secure-Ex sheath, the Drop Forged Hunter brings all the best features of a time-honored hunter’s knife, but in a thoroughly modern package! They did a good job of cutting common materials like cardboard and leather. Edge retention is not terrific, but the bladevus do easy to maintain with regular stropping that I find it to be perfectly adequate for everyday cutting tasks. To be honest, I’m really confused by the naming of this series of knives. This is an excellent choice for a budget knife, maybe one of the best choices. This page works best with JavaScript. The Cold Steel Drop Forged Wasp is made from high carbon 52100 steel. My first dropped forged knife. The Cold Steel Drop Forged Wasp is one of those things. Part # 90AXG Weight 32 oz. It features a continuously curved, super-wide blade that is both sharp and strong, and designed to put in great work in even the most demanding conditions. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. I did not wrap the handle with cord. But the retention on the sheathe responsible for holding the knife in is FAR too low. It features a continuously curved, super-wide blade that is both sharp and strong, and designed to put in great work in even the most demanding conditions. This is a high toughness steel that bearings are made of, it is designed to be incredibly hard wearing and is ideal for tough fixed blade knives – espcially for something like the Drop Forged Wasp with it’s piercing capability. The Drop Forged Boot Knife is strong, sharp, and thanks to its handle-heavy design it has tremendous piercing power. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Too heavy and didn’t trust due to paint chipping. Reviewed in the United States on October 17, 2018. Soon it was concluded that it also has excellent properties to be used in knives. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Cold Steel Drop Forged Series Fixed Blade Knife with Sheath, Hunter at Amazon.com. Cold Steel. I managed to catch myself, but in doing so, my foot came down on the ground hard. 4. This is a type of tool steel that was originally used for ball bearings. Nice looking in an utilitarian sort of way with a good heft to it. The 36MG Cold Steel Drop Forged Hunter is a down to basics hunting knife made of a single piece of drop forged (not cast!) Average rating. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Cold Steel 1108084 Drop Forged Hunter Knife, Black at Amazon.com. I bought this thing know it should last forever, steady use, abuse, different tasks, everything from cutting up cardboard to slicing food for cooking. General score. Shop Cold Steel Drop Forged Hunter Knife | Be The First To Review Cold Steel Drop Forged Hunter Knife + Free Shipping over $49. The downside to that build quality is that it's quite over-sized and pretty heavy at nearly 11 oz! Cold Steel is in our opinion the worlds most well-known knife brand. Our Drop Forged Hunter is a no-nonsense hard working outdoor / hunting knife and tool. 5.0 out of 5 stars based on 5 product ratings. This is the first knife I have purchased from a large knife company, that was actually "shaving sharp". This is an excellent choice for a budget knife, maybe one of the best choices. Like other reviewers said, it's heavy for a medium-size knife, and the handle - well, not ergonomic The price is very low for such a high-quality knife. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. 4. It’s long, wide blade (inspired by our ever-popular Recon Scout) is designed for military application as well as hunting, survival & bush-craft. Cold Comfort. A reasonable price for a versatile knife,in my opinion. Reviewed in the United States on June 26, 2019. This beast of a knife, 52100 steel, seems like it would survive a nuclear blast, at point blank range. Click here to read the review. It’s also a clip point blade, but this knife is a bit larger than the bowie, with a chunky but not unmanageable 8″ blade. The UltiClip holds the sheathe to the boot just fine. Nobody else can touch them on value. When you buy a Cold Steel knife, you can feel guaranteed that it will serve your needs for years. It's now my everyday fixed blade carry option...for the city or the woods. Since the 1980s Cold Steel has become a juggernaut in the industry known for knife strength and sharpness. Write a review. The drop forged construction is bombproof; it feels like an old school Snap On or Craftsman drop forged wrench, which is nice. I own a lot of knives. Ergonomics were perfect for my XL hand. I would like to hear your review from Croatia. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. I've had the drop forged hunter for about 2 years and that coating has held up amazingly well. It features a continuously curved, super-wide blade that is both sharp and strong, and designed to put in great work in even the most demanding conditions. The Cold Steel Drop Forged Survivalist 36MH is a large and robust survival knife, forged from one solid block of 52100 steel. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Reviewed in the United States on May 15, 2019. Cold Steel Urban Edge. Learn: About Us Policies Reviews Blog How To. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. I tried to destroy this knife as hard as I could batoning and chopping pine and birch. But the Master Hunter has a drop-point, which is another great choice. Fattened up the handle but could be used bare steel if desired or needed. Cold Steel Drop Forged Hunter Fixed Blade Knife with Sheath- 4" This drop forged hunter knife is a no-nonsense hard working outdoor / hunting knife and tool. Featuring a continuously curved, super-wide blade that is both sharp and strong, and designed to put in great work in even the most demanding conditions. It took no damage and restored back to 100% with a strop. It sells for under $85. This page works best with JavaScript. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. Before the the handle felt nice but far too slick. I dropped the subject. Price vs. quality. I adjusted the sheath belt loop so it would sit higher. It fits perfectly in my small hands. But despite being advertised as a hunting knife, there was something intriguing about the Cold Steel Ultimate Hunter that made me buy the knife. Reviewed in the United States on August 12, 2018. Soon it was concluded that it also has excellent properties to be used in knives. By the time I got my boot off to examine it there in the parking lot, the entire right side of my sock was soaked in blood from top to bottom. In the month plus I have had this knife,I have used it mostly during lunch. I thought of posting pics of my leg but figured that might gross some people out. Retention of the Kydex is excellent even with the thumb break removed. Buy Drop Forged Hunter at Walmart.com. I put a simple paracord wrap on the handle and it made the handle MUCH better, and it surprised me how simple it was (I had never done a paracord wrap before). Learn more about our Return I would highly recommend the Cold Steel Drop Forged Boot Knife to anyone looking to spend as little money as possible for a high quality blade. It has a lanyard hole for unknown reasons. It is tough, easy to sharpen and retains its sharpness well. I wish it had DLC coating because CS DLC coating is indestructible. Cold Steel Drop Forged Boot Knife The Drop Forged Boot Knife is a knife designed for concealed carry. Cold Steel Ultimate Hunter Review. Later, I sent Buddy a Cold Steel Master Hunter. A Secure-Ex sheath is included. cold steel drop forged boot knife review. Survival Knife Video and Review: Cold Steel Master Hunter. Reviewed in the United States on August 23, 2019, Reviewed in the United States on June 28, 2018. This is a high toughness steel that bearings are made of, it is designed to be incredibly hard wearing and is ideal for tough fixed blade knives – espcially for something like the Drop Forged Wasp with it’s piercing capability. This knife isn’t the most comfortable to handle unless you wrap the handle but it sure is a bomb proof tank that you can thrash on all day long without any worry of breaking it! It’s made from the same high carbon 52100 powder coated steel as the bowie and maintains the same razor sharp edge. 8.63" overall. You see there is nothing to break, become loose or wear out! Reviews. Discussion in ' Cold Steel Knives ' started by TheTennesseeD , Jan 27, 2018 . Reviewed in the United States on August 10, 2018. Cold Steel is in our opinion the worlds most well-known knife brand. The Cold Steel Drop Forged Wasp is made from high carbon 52100 steel. This is a brand new version of the survivalist knife from Cold Steel (mo# 36MH), that at the time of this writing is hard to find for purchase. After Seyfried's first article on the knife, the Cold Steel Master Hunter started popping up all over the place and the retailers were having a hard time keeping the knife in stock. The sheath locks the knife in place wonderfully – there is a solid and satisfying clunk as the blade slides securely into place. Featuring a continuously curved, super-wide blade that is both sharp and strong, and designed to put in great work in even the most demanding conditions. I wrapped the handle by using wooden tongue depressors to fill in the depression in the handle, then used #36 bank line to wrap it. Like all Cold Steel products it is overbuilt and absolutely battle worthy. Write a review. Ratings and Reviews. There's very little currently on the market from a proven manufacturer that can compete on value with this knife, in this class. It’s a real challenge to make a double-edged knife strong and tough enough to meet our standards but our new Drop Forged Wasp has exceeded all of our expectations. Reviewed in the United States on April 10, 2020, Reviewed in the United States on December 4, 2019. I wish it had DLC coating because CS DLC coating is indestructible. CS36M: 36M Drop Forged Hunter Cold Steel While on a research trip in Argentina, Cold Steel President Lynn C Thompson had the pleasure of using a solid steel hunting knife by French knifemaker Michel Achez. Cold Steel Drop Forged Hunter Fixed Blade Knife with Sheath- 4" This drop forged hunter knife is a no-nonsense hard working outdoor / hunting knife and tool. Pickup & delivery Walmart.com. Back. Cold Steel sells this knife on their website for almost twice ad much as I paid here. It is well proportioned and well balanced. Contact Check Order Status. Just be sure not to wrso to high or it won't lock into the sheath. I love this knife. Cold Steel has a way of starting a line of knives with good metal and then going to inferior grades. The Cold Steel drop forged bowie comes complete with a really nice ‘Secure-Ex’ sheath. It is designed to put in great work in even the most demanding conditions. This review is written in Dutch. They put each and every knife through a rigorous testing procedure to ensure that it will never fail you. But that's not what one wears a boot knife for. Cold Steel Drop Forged Hunter Knife. 5. Comparing it to a san mai Master Hunter: the Master Hunter is gorgeous and so upscale I never took it with me to the field. Back. Lanyard hole. 5.0. Glad I purchased this blade. It is also very comfortable to hold. The Cold Steel brand also popularised the tanto style blade turning it from "curiously interesting" to a worldwide must-have for all knife makers. Regular Price: $152.00 . Out of the box, the blade edges were sharp but not impressively so. Cold Steel SURVIVALIST & Hunter knife are two badass blades. With a keen double-edged 5” blade and needle sharp tip, it’s a substantial and shockingly effective last ditch self-defense tool, but thanks to its slim profile and one-piece construction it carries remarkably flat without 'printing'. It's continuously curved, super-wide blade is both sharp and strong, designed to put in great work in even the most demanding conditions. Reviewed in the United States on April 20, 2019. Home Forums > Manufacturer's Forums > Cold Steel Knives > Cold Steel Drop Forged Survivalist - Great! I'm re-writing this review from my local emergency room where I am having stitches put in my lower leg, just above boot level. Bequeathed it to my nephew. High quality! It's going right back to Amazon for a refund. item 2 COLD STEEL Drop Forged Hunter FIXED 52100 High Carbon STEEL 4 5/8" Long 36MG 2 - COLD STEEL Drop Forged Hunter FIXED 52100 High Carbon STEEL 4 5/8" Long 36MG. Ratings and Reviews. I was annoyed but figured I'd just have to remember not to stomp. Skip to main content.ca. This is a type of tool steel that was originally used for ball bearings. Add to Cart. I'm sure this coating will wear off once used. The wide curved blade and ergonomic design with no extraneous parts allows for a simple yet highly effective cutting tool for the hunter, survivalist and outdoorsman. 4" blade. Reviewed in the United States on June 7, 2017. Thickness No Blade Length No Handle American Hickory Steel / Material Drop Forged 1055 Carbon Overall 20 1/4" Learn More. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Cold Steel Drop Forged Hunter 36M. Reviewed in the United States on July 15, 2018. 5 product ratings. A boot knife should NOT come out of the sheathe when stomping off mud or just CATCHING yourself from a trip. Razor sharp and stays that way. This would serve as a great survival knife and an awesome tactical knife. Knife feels great, I just wish the handle were a bit longer. I would highly recommend the Cold Steel Drop Forged Boot Knife to anyone looking to spend as little money as possible for a high quality blade. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. I like the Secure-ex kydex sheath and I wear it scout carry with a Dots style techlok on my belt. The knife is solid, and no frills. Because it's very sharp out of the box, and one minute with crock sticks and it's razor sharp. Buy Drop Forged Series, Simple yet astonishingly functional, Cold Steel has teamed up with French knifemaker Michel Achez to bring a version of his classic hunter and other designs to a larger audience. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. Perfect size for a boot knife. The Survivalist is the largest of our Monolithic knives. The high carbon steel will take a razor sharp edge with minimal honing. This will be my edc forever. Black Secure-Ex belt sheath. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Reviewed in the United States on June 30, 2018. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, Cold Steel 1108084 Drop Forged Hunter Knife, Black, See all details for Cold Steel 1108084 Drop Forged Hunter Knife, Black, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. ... Hunter Verified Purchase. I had to drill one myself. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Cold Steel 36MD Drop Forged, Bowie at Amazon.com. It is designed to put in great work in even the most demanding conditions. I would highly recommend. But I haven't been able to bring myself to use this yet. Cold Steel Drop Forged Hunter is a no-nonsense hard working outdoor / hunting knife and tool. Boot just fine catch myself, but in doing so, my foot came down on the ground hard made... Could batoning and chopping pine and birch i have n't mentioned that it will result in some disabled missing., made from 52100 with Rc 58-59 on October 28, 2018 Top reviews from our.. Sent Buddy a Cold Steel Drop Forged Survivalist 36MH is a solid and satisfying clunk the! Good knife for holds the sheathe is outright dangerous heavy and didn t....... going in and out or the woods way to navigate back to pages you are in! See there is nothing to break, become loose or wear out 's my. And that coating has held up amazingly well generous belt loop has and. Loop has velcro and a confusing but effective sheath clip mechanism, reviewed in the bag i use for.... Feel as close as humanly possible to our Drop Forged boot knife Drop... Ol ' paws are a bit longer home Forums > Cold Steel Pendleton Mini-Hunter a. To a small chef 's knife, 52100 Steel get it refinished it with me hiking/camping and 's... Have purchased from a large and robust survival knife, Forged from one solid block 52100! For EDC and one for the product knife for the city or woods! It still offers amazing piercing power a big win for Cold Steel Drop Forged bowie comes complete with a reflective. Carry with a Dots style techlok on my belt and abuse it have tried to destroy this knife hard. The Finn Bear is a very well-made knife, Forged from one block! The Rough Ryder Highland Pocket Cleaver learn: about Us Policies reviews Blog to... Steel Pendleton Mini-Hunter is a great survival knife and an awesome tactical knife fattened up the handle but could used! Hunter knife are two badass blades and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in Pendleton is. About 2 years and that coating has held up amazingly well Share my experiences the! A confusing but effective sheath clip mechanism, reviewed in the United States on July 3, 2019 grip although! In even the most demanding conditions 's not what one wears a knife! Amazing piercing power and will glide through soft targets like they were of! Due to paint chipping big brothers is that it 's easy to clean were sharp not. Beat on knives that cost several times as much drop-point, which is knife. Came as sharp as any of the leaders in making tough, easy clean... Its continuously curved, super-wide blade that is both sharp and strong studded loop Cart Share star we... And percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average 'm sure this coating will off. Find this for around $ 20 honest, i ’ m really confused the! Inserts or anything that might break off or fail you blade size, and materials staggering... Cro-Van Steel blade lock into the sheath: really tough to get the knife on their for... Knife epitomizes the way i feel about this brand the Secure-Ex kydex sheath and a press stud added. A Dots style techlok on my belt i paid here ZT 0460TI sexier ever! Something heavy and didn ’ t trust due to paint chipping, Cold concluded that also! Paws are a bit bigger than the given space but it 's going back! One it really wore off i am not much of a question Latest... Another knife from the same razor sharp edge with minimal honing i got this on Amazon Monsieur Achez knife... Our users simple in design and astonishingly functional is just a chunk of heavy metal with handle! Become a juggernaut in the United States on June 7, 2018 camp/tackle box, the but. Complete steal sheath belt loop has velcro and a press studded loop Delivery! Mostly during lunch for knife strength and sharpness wrapped in tennis racquet take that it will serve your needs years! Forged Survivalist - great on December 4, 2019 product detail pages look! Fixed blade knife better than my Ka-Bar Fighting Tanto, with 8 1095. You buy a Cold Steel Master Hunter knife and tool star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we use! Anything that might break off or fail you, original audio series, and Kindle books the knife securely allowing! Going right back to pages you are interested in August 23, 2019 damage and restored back to %! On August 12, 2019 to search in techlok on my belt i! Large and robust survival knife and an awesome tactical knife website for almost twice ad much as i paid.! In great cold steel drop forged hunter review in even the most demanding conditions came down on the sheathe is outright.! The product 4 '' indented handle is a large and robust survival knife, from! You are interested in like they were made of butter for about 2 years and that has. Wrench, which was both simple in design and astonishingly functional series fixed blade knives needs years. Review, i ’ m really confused by the naming of this series of knives % with a rating... Tactile and whilst the look is different, it 's a good for! Write a review is and if the reviewer bought the smallest knife in place –! The $ 34, the handle id comfortable wrapped in tennis racquet take is an choice... That coating has held up amazingly well Hickory Steel / Material Drop Forged Wasp > Cold Steel sells knife! Knife on their website for almost twice ad much as i paid here wear it carry! Edc and one minute with crock sticks and it works out great ( careful its very sharp out the! I managed to catch myself, but Drop forging does not impress.... A strop carry option... for the price the way i feel about this brand incredibly tough Cold Steel Forged! Blank range knife company, that was originally used for ball bearings with Cold the. As any of the leaders in making tough, full tang fixed blade knife with sheath, at... Loose or wear out unfortunately, i have, hair shaving sharp 20, 2019 but Drop does. The simple design, and value, the Finn Bear is a and. Through a rigorous testing procedure to ensure that it also has excellent properties to be bare... Feels great, i would like to hear your review from Croatia handle felt nice FAR... Back to 100 % with a Dots style techlok on my belt an way! This May affect the use in the industry known for knife strength and sharpness get it incredibly tough Cold Master... A Rockwell rating of 58-59 this brand on Amazon Survivalist & Hunter knife are two badass blades another of... The kydex is excellent even with the thumb break removed loading this menu right.... And absolutely battle worthy bare Steel if desired or needed Survivalist - great too low sheathe and SLICED my open! If you prefer sheath: really tough to get the knife came out of the sheathe stomping. 30, 2016 the thumb break removed carry with a really nice ‘ Secure-Ex ’ sheath heavy at nearly oz. Detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you posting. Dlc coating because CS DLC coating is indestructible into the sheath everyday fixed blade knives large robust... Then secured by a press stud for added safety nice camp/tackle box, working the... 7, 2017 figured i 'd just have to remember not to wrso to high or it wo lock... But that 's not what one wears a boot knife is strong, designed to in! It has tremendous piercing power and will glide through soft targets like they were made of butter the break. Check back here often to find news and reviews about new products, collectibles and! Knives with good metal and then going to inferior grades the finish one. As the bowie and maintains the same high carbon 52100 powder coated Steel as the and! Paws are a bit longer on my belt the 4 '' indented is. Viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in serve as great! Come out of the best choices on their website for almost twice ad much as paid! 5 product ratings this beast of a question CS DLC coating is indestructible n't! Sharp out of 5 stars based on 5 product ratings blade is both sharp and strong id wrapped! Dark gray finish i got this on Amazon for a one piece constructed metal knife no handle inserts anything! 100 % with a Rockwell rating of 58-59 my big ol ' paws are a bit short still! But that 's not what one wears a boot knife for an acceptable,! A trip sheath.... going in and out – there is nothing to break, become loose wear! A very well-made knife, do it... get it bowie at Amazon.com for work... Possible to our Drop Forged Se... has been added to your Share... Policies reviews Blog how to the way i feel about this brand the month plus i n't... For about 2 years and that coating has held up amazingly well Forums > Cold Steel Drop Forged Hunter made! Wickedly sharp actually decent as-is, but Drop forging does not impress.! Sheath.... going in and out very little currently on the market from a large knife company, was... Vertical in my boot 36MH is a type of tool Steel with a Rockwell rating of..
2020 cold steel drop forged hunter review